Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Are there any gardeners out there

• Please log in to reply

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi Everyone
:whistling: I like growing plants of any type and can pretty much grow anything as I started this when i was young it is not as difficult as a lot of people think. so anyone who might want advice on this or how to get started growing plants yourself can be very relaxing be them garden plants or house plants so i am rambling on a bit now see ya later. :blink:

Cheyenne 09 :help:

Advertisements

scottish cougar

scottish cougar

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Hi cheyenne 09
:whistling: I have a strawberry tree plant could you tell me how i look after it. And does the strawberrys
taste are they bitter or sweet

Scottish cuogar :blink:

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi scottish cougar
:help: The stawberry plant also known as Arbutus undeo which is a garden shrub and you can eat the fruits but they taste bitter keep it well watered when you first get it and feed it every two or three weeks in the growing season it is not a common plant good luck with it. Thanks for your question :whistling:

Cheyenne 09 :blink:

scottish cougar

scottish cougar

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Hi cheyenne 09
:blink: Thank`s for the advice

Scottish Cougar :whistling:

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Hi cheyenne 09
:) Thank`s for the advice

Scottish Cougar :whistling:

Hi scottish cougar
your quite welcome. :blink:

Cheyenne 09 :help:

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Hi, me too I love indoor plants and am into sanserverias(mother in law's tounges) but not the common types. About the easiest thing to grow as long as one doesn't water them in Winter, they can take a long colder tempratures than the book says but cold with water kills them quickly.

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi fleamailman
:help: Thanks for your reply sanserveria's are excellent plants for low light situations you have to be careful not to over water them as this can cause this plant to have a wrinkled effect on it's spears and if the spears fall of or get damaged they should be cut of at soil level good luck and enjoy see ya later :whistling:

Cheyenne 09 :blink:

Shock Box

Shock Box

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
Hi cheyenne 09
:blink: my brother likes growing plants of all sorts and wants to buy a Butterfly bush for the garden are they hard to grow or look after any advice would be good.Thank you

shock box :whistling:

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi shock box
:blink: Please tell your brother that buying a buddleja or otherwise known as a butterfly bush is a good idea as they attract all sorts of butterfly's and insects. They are also easy to look after and smell really nice as well. once planted water in well and then water regular for the first year he should also look out for the unusual types and here are a couple to get him started Buddleja..( Harlequin ) and Buddleja.. ( globosa )which are variegated varieties and show up the other garden plants around them well remember when pruning depending on the size of the plant the general rule is to prune them down to between 2FT and 3FT so prune between February and march time plants they flower on that years growth he can also grow these in containers good luck. see ya

Cheyenne 09 :whistling:

Edited by cheyenne 09, 15 August 2006 - 12:22 PM.