Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recording what is heard...

• Please log in to reply

mullamore

mullamore

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Basically for the purposes of some songs im writing, i need the option of recording "what is heard" through the speaker. I have no option for this on the windows mixer recording options.

The mixer software for my sound card (Creative PCI 128) comes with this option, but installing the software results in loss of any sound whatsoever.

Short of shelling out for a new sound card, is there any way i can remedy this?

Thanks

Ed

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
how did you install the current soundcard drivers? did you just install the card and let windows pick the driver? or what? you could uninstall the card then reinstall it with the cd from creative...which may allow it to work...as if the drivers came with the card...they should work

alternately i would assume you could put a mic infront of a speaker

HaraldR

HaraldR

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
You need to go to control panel/sounds and audio devices properties/advanced/options/properties/recording/and check "what U Hear"

btw Placing the mic in front of speakers will result in feedback(squeeling)...not Good :whistling: