Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows xp x64

• Please log in to reply

ess-uu

ess-uu

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Please help. I have windows xp x64 version installed onto my computer at work. Didnt ask for it to be installed specifically, didnt notice any real difference until I tried to download some software.

I have tried to download and install a printer driver. I can download it ok but when I come to install it, it doesnt recognise the software.

I am at a loss as to what to do, I think it would be much easier to have just the standard windows xp but I dont have the disks to re install and I dont want to lose all the documents I now have.

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Some software and some hardware doesn't work in XP 64-bit. So you'll either have to seek out a driver for that printer that works in 64-bit, find a printer that works in XP 64-bit, or redowngrade the lot to XP 32-bit.