Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't view workgroup

• Please log in to reply

urapxfzy421

urapxfzy421

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I have three computers connected through a wireless router, one running XP media center, one XP home, one XP pro. I have run network wizard on all of them and they are all in the workgroup "workgroup" and have netbios enabled. The media center PC can view the workgroup and do netview without any problems, but when i try net view on the other two i get system error 53, the path cannot be found and i can't view the workgroup. I can connect to the interenet and all of that works, but i can't view the work group or share files or printers (which is my main concern since i want the laptop (xp home) to be able to use the desktop printers.)

i forgot to add that the media center pc also sees the other computers as being in the workgroup as well as seeing them in net view as servers

Edited by urapxfzy421, 04 August 2006 - 10:28 AM.

Advertisements

nonnieloops

nonnieloops

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Several of us are having similar problems - see Professor Kirke (July 10)