Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Overclocking Pent 4

• Please log in to reply

Longhorns242

Longhorns242

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Ok, ihave a pent 4 that is running at 3.4, it is capaible of running at 3.8. How would i go about overclocking it to reach 3.8. I have a zalman 7000 cpu cooler.
My motherboard is a Intel D101ggc. My BIOS is Award. Thank you.

Advertisements

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
is this a dell?

Longhorns242

Longhorns242

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
no its a custom built computer (i built it)

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
oh ok, thats good.

well, first things first. increase the FSB. by 5Mhz increments. and see if it will post. keep doing that until u hit a wall. then reduce back to what it was before the wall. run prime95 and memtest. if unstable. then go back to bios. and either set a mem divider, or overclock the ram by increasing voltage. if that doesnt work, see what your temps are. if the temps are fine. try lowering the multiplier, if its set high.

Longhorns242

Longhorns242

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
how do i increase FSB, what should mem divider be set at

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Most mobos come with overclock features built right into bios, if it's not, than you can use cpuz. google it and on their website you will see guides and faq's

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
you go to the bios, and you jsut increase the FSB (Front Side Bus). and then boot them computer and see if it posts.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Go to our guides there is a couple of things on overclocking, one of them is an article from another site i reccomend reading then visiting the site it came from for more info.