Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Folder names disappeared in My Documents and random shut downs with se

• Please log in to reply

Tony Canevaro

Tony Canevaro

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Okay.

Quite a bit of weird happening here.

First thing I noticed is that when my Tea Timer in Spybot asks me to allow or deny a change it appears that the window is too small. It cuts off part of the bottom of the window.

Secondly, many times at shut down or when closing MS word I get the message "The file Normal already exists. Do you want to change it?" "Yes" "?something I can't remember?" "Cancel"

Thirdly when I shut down, I see both the mydocuments folder and sometime the I.E. icon flash at me several times.

When I display the "My Documents" folder as thumbnails the folder titles have diappeared. They reapper when the display is changed to tiles, icons or list.

I seem to get shut downs when running any of my antivrus/antispyware apps (according to the Malware guys Here: http://www.geekstogo...s...=123832&hl= everything is clean).

Microsoft activesync is particularily bad right now. I run an Audiovox 6600 phone/pda with Pocket PC. Whenever I try and sync ActiveSync will find the changes. Then when I sync it gets part way through my inbox and the window then minimizes while starting to look for changes again. Often my computer will shut down during one or more of these processes.

Really need some help here.

Edited by Tony Canevaro, 04 August 2006 - 02:53 PM.

Advertisements

Tony Canevaro

Tony Canevaro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
:bump:

Anybody?

Tony Canevaro

Tony Canevaro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip