Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

win8f24.tmp.exe and win8f6b.tmp.exe

• Please log in to reply

StarBright

StarBright

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I never had this before untill today. I get an error now every so many minutes.

Can anyone help me with this? I just get an error report from windows, but it doesn't crash my machine or anything.
Its just very anoying when im playing a game and it switches to windows to the error.

win8f24.tmp.exe and win8f6b.tmp.exe and just now also a win8F3E.tmp.exe. I guess they are random or something.

Edited by StarBright, 04 August 2006 - 04:45 PM.

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks to Go!

Smells like infections to me. Especially since those files have double extensions! Posing at .tmp files, but actually .exe files. Tricky tricky. :whistling:

Please follow all the directions found here. After you get to step 5, if your problem is not resolved, post a HijackThis log in the Malware forum. If your problem persists after getting a clean bill of health from a malware expert, return here and we'll continue troubleshooting.

Keep in mind, the malware forum is very busy and can take up to 5 days to receive a reply. There is a special forum called The Waiting Room if you've been waiting for 3 or more days. You can put a link to your topic & a short description of your problem and someone will get with you soon.

Edited by computerwiz12890, 04 August 2006 - 05:33 PM.

StarBright

StarBright

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Whenever i do a scan with adaware, it restarts my computer after a few minutes before the scan is completed.

What do i do about that?

And will a reinstall of windows fix my problem?

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
A reinstall of windows would definately fix the problem, but we like to save that as a last resort.

Go to the malware forum, let them know what's going on, and see what they have to say about ad-aware restarting and those win8f24.tmp.exe and win8f6b.tmp.exe files.