Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Busines CPU Infected...Programs Disabled After 20-30 Minutes

• Please log in to reply

Tanner_J

Tanner_J

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey guys, hope someone can help. A client asked to use our main storage computer to look something up. Stupid me trusted him and let him. I run a photography business and this is the computer all hundreds of thousands of my photos are stored on. We have backups, but I would like to get rid of this ASAP.

Here's my problem. First I found all kinds of pop-ups popping up saying we had spyware, ran HiJack This and deleted some entries, and then ran SpyBot; basically all of the pop-ups are gone. However now after 30 minutes being logged on as any user we can't access programs anymore. These include Adobe Photoshop, Outlook Express, and Firefox. Outlook Express says access denied and that the files may have been moved, same things basically for the rest of my programs. Anybody have any clue what could be causing this, and a way to remove it. Would be more than willing to compensate someone for their time to help me. Thanks.

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
seems that your computer is infected you should go to the malware forum they can help you out and they are very good at getting rid of viruses

Do you suspect a malware (Spyware, Virus, Trojan) infection? Please Start Here. System clean? Spyware Protection.
To avoid confusion, please do not post your question in someone else's topic. Start your own. Stay with your original topic when posting a follow up. Need help starting a new topic? Click Here.

look for that at top of your page