Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XLStart folder problem?

• Please log in to reply

valleyboy

valleyboy

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
Hi, I have a problem that is more of an anoyance than a major disaster. Hope somebody can help out regardless.

Excel displays the following message when starting up:

c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\LIBRARY\Dellinks.xla could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name, and verify that the file location is correct.

I have checked the XLSTART folder within Windows Explorer, which is empty. Any ideas anyone?

By the way, I'm using Excel 2000 SR-1

Edited by valleyboy, 05 August 2006 - 05:59 AM.

Advertisements

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
Hi valleyboy,

The Dellinks.xla is an Excel Add-in file. You can read more about this add-in here.

It looks like Excel is try to load the file when starting but the file has been removed. Go to the Tools menu and select Add-Ins... and uncheck any add-ins that are not required from that list. These file are automatically loaded when Excel starts so that would be the reason that it isn't in your Startup folder.

HTH :whistling:

valleyboy

valleyboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
Nice one!! Job done, if only everything in life was that simple. Thanks for the help.

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
Thats what we are here for. Glad I could be of assistance. :whistling: