Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dos on y2k pro?

• Please log in to reply

deleted

deleted

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
I need to run diagnostic software on an outboard motor on my boat.The users guide for the software says,quote"This disk can be accessed by most IBM compatible laptop computers using a DOS operating system.Operating this program under a Windows environment is not recommended,program stability may be affected."
My problem is I bought a used laptop to use the software and it has Y2K PRO installed on it,then I read the users guide.I installed the software and tried to use it and it does not work very well at all.
I need to know if I can install Dos.I tried bootdisk.com,but when I click to download a DOS boot disk, IE closes.I tried holding down the shift key,and it just takes a little longer to close.
My home computer has 2 hard drives,one with 98SE,and one with XP,so I could reboot 98SE to MSDOS,but I don't want to carry it down to the boat shed unless there is no other way besides loading 98SE on the laptop and losing Y2K PRO,I didn't get a CD with the laptop so I can't reload Y2K.
Is there a solution to this problem?

Advertisements

deleted

deleted

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
I did some research and I can't do what I would like to do,so can someone tell me how to uninstall win2k Pro?The only disk I got with the laptop is for the lan and motem.

deleted

deleted

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
It appears win2k can't be uninstalled,so I'll buy another hard drive and burn this one.
Thanks anyway