Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Maximize Browser Window

• Please log in to reply

Jrenter2

Jrenter2

• PipPipPip
  • 435 posts
I have designed a website for an elderly woman and some of the people that view it only use AOL to look at it and don't go into Internet Explorer or any other browser. Because of this, there are a few pages that make the wording overlap the graphics on the page, unless you maximize the screen. It looks just fine if the screen/window is maximized.

What code do I need to put into my MS Front Page site that regardless of which browser opens the page, it will automatically maximize the window they are looking at it through? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Advertisements

tiroshii

tiroshii

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
I think this is what you are looking for

Window Maximiser -
(Place this script in the head of any document that you want to be maximised.)

<script language="Javascript">
<!--
window.moveTo(0,0)
window.resizeTo(screen.width,screen.height)
//-->
</script>

Please tell me if it works :whistling:

Edited by voa, 05 August 2006 - 09:50 AM.

Jrenter2

Jrenter2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts
Thanks VOA for the code. :whistling: I placed it in and uploaded it, but it didn't work. :blink: Will have to keep looking. I don't know why AOL's windows won't automatically maximize. They use IE as the default browser.

tiroshii

tiroshii

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
ooh sorry, its worked on my site... mabye it only works in IE and firefox and not aol..

Jrenter2

Jrenter2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts
No prob. I know about that code as a standard in MS FP for the "normal" browser, but I can't for the life of me figure out why it won't open up AOL. The browser may not be able to take control of the AOL software. That is the only thing I can think of.

tiroshii

tiroshii

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
mabye AOL does not support javascript?

Jrenter2

Jrenter2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts
It does. I know that, because I use AOL myself also. Plus, I Pogo.com uses Javascript for their games and such and they work just fine.

tiroshii

tiroshii

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
ok im sorry i dont know what to do

Sir Grand Funk

Sir Grand Funk

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Send me your code.

edited to remove email addy- yes, even GMail gets spammed. Johanna