Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to view more than one web page at a time

• Please log in to reply

justdilly

justdilly

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
This is a new problem for me. It started a few days ago. I can't open one web site and keep it open after opening another site. I have shortcuts on my desktop and if I click on one to open it, then click on another to open the second one, the first one closes. How can I keep two or more web pages open at the same time?
I just tried opening my home page first and then going to one web site, leaving it open and opening a second..............

By going from the home page it works but not if I try to open the sites from my desktop shortcuts. I must have changed some settings but I don't know what I did.

Thanks for any help.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
On a web page, click tools, internet options, advanced, remove the tick from re-use windows for launching shortcuts, click apply, close the browser

justdilly

justdilly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Thank you Keith........I followed your instructions and it seems to be working fine now.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know