Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Wireless LAN Drivers for Laptop

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Hi all...

I have a Pinnacle Showcenter 1000 (media centre - quite old, about 3 - 4 years) that came with a PCMCIA Wireless adapter (for the Media Center to connect to an access point). I have got a laptop that I have just installed XP on, and I don't have a wireless card for it, I knew I had one somewhere, but when I pulled this out of the draw I thought what the [bleep], give it a go. Strangely when I plugged in the PCMCIA wireless card a Windows baloon popped up saying "Found new hardware: Broadcom 802.11g_PCMCIA"... The card says broadcom on windows, but has a Pinnacle sticker. I was guessing maybe I could find the drivers somewhere on the net but I can't. The broadcom website has only drivers for Ethernet cards, and firmware updates for wireless routers... I can't seem to find anything on the internet that will lead me to the drivers for this card, I am aware that I might not even get any drivers for it as it is not designed for windows, but as it appears as a broadcom card maybe I have a chance.

Does anybody know of a place to download drivers?

Sam :whistling:

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
You could try www.driverguide.com You have to join but it is free.