Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD R/RW

• Please log in to reply

Longhorns242

Longhorns242

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
OK, today i was trying to burn VB (Visual Basics) onto a DVD to give to my dad. I use Nero Burn Software. When i try to burn a dvd it says compiling data....Then after that step is done (which is the first step)i get an error saying Illegal Disk Please Insert Correct Disk and Try Again. I have been using DVD-R. I also tried a DVD-DL which is dual layer. Any imput is welcome. Thank you

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Let me get this straight, you were trying to burn the program, Microsoft Visual BASIC to a CD? If so, that's illegal my friend. If this is not the case, please do tell me, but we cannot aid you in any way if you intend on using our suggestions for illegal activities.

Longhorns242

Longhorns242

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
its not that i got it from work and i am trying to burn it to a cd to install it. My work gives the program out because we get it from our msdn. And i need to burn it to a disk to install it. It happends on anything i try to burn to a DVD i get the same message Illegal Disk Please Insert Correct Disk and Try Again

Edited by Longhorns242, 05 August 2006 - 06:57 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Use a CDRW and try Nero format

OR

Click start smart, click the word Nero, click update

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician