Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Epson CX3500 not printing

• Please log in to reply

becham

becham

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Any help would be appreciated. My Epson CX3500 is all of a sudden not printing. Making the sounds of printing, but page comes out blank. Cartridges are full and I have tried head cleaning numerous times. Could the print nozzles be blocked and if so, is there anyway to confirm this and correct the problem. I am getting to the point where I an contemplating buying a new printer - any suggestions on what brand is best for general home use. Thanks. :whistling:

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Not sure if it's blocked, but I'll start with the usual drill... When did this start? Have you made any changes to the system recently? Is the printer on a network? have you tried updating the drivers for the printer?

becham

becham

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Thanks for your quick reply to my post. It started just a couple of days ago and I have not made any changes to the system. Have not tried updating the printer drivers, do you suggest I do this first. Not on a nwtwork. Thanks again.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Yes, please go to the printer manufacturer's website and install the latest drivers for your model.

becham

becham

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Have just downloaded and installed latest drivers, tried to print, but still coming out blank. Thanks.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Are you able to try the printer on another computer to see which is causing the issue?

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
this may be a "stab in the dark" but have you tried to "top-up" the ink yourself???

or had it done at a shop because on the epsom printers (i have the same model) the chips on teh back of teh ink cartridges have to be reset to tell the printer that they are full

if you have tried to replace the ink by yourself then you might have to reset teh chips again and this wont hurt them

but as i said it may be a stab in the dark

troppo