Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

VIEWING VIDEO'S IN WEBSITES

• Please log in to reply

CHUCK41361

CHUCK41361

• Pip
  • 1 posts
OK I'M COMPUTER ILITERATE :whistling: WHENEVER I GO TO SITES THAT NEED TO SHOW VIDEOS I GET A THREE COLOR SYMBOL IN THE UPPER LEFT CORNER AND NO VIDEO. DO I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD SOMETHING OR TURN SOMETHING ON. I HAVE WINDOWS ME OPERATING SYSTEM AMD 900

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Depends what was used to create the video. Most use Windows Media Player but all Windows users already have it, so it may just need updating to the latest ME-compatible version.

Or try installing Apple Quicktime. If still no good, try installing RealPlayer (the free basic version).

Those three cover most of the video content on the web.

Also, it's fair to say that despite all the knocks Internet Explorer gets, it's the one that's least likely to give you any hassle with video plugins.

Opera and Firefox can be more troublesome in that respect (except where Windows Media Player is concerned), but to get Quicktime or Realplayer working with them is not a simple as it is in Internet Explorer. Sometimes it involves manually copying files across from the application folder to the browser's plugin folder. The browser's website explains how to get the various plugins working.

Finally, it could simply be another one of Windows ME's many bugs and problems. It's been a source of grief for many unsuspecting buyers. The worst version of Windows by a country mile. Only die-hards continue to use it. others have moved on (or back to Windows 98). Either way is a smart move.

Edited by pip22, 06 August 2006 - 12:15 PM.