Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

outlook express 6 adding a new folder error

• Please log in to reply

trainee geek

trainee geek

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Has anyone had this problem? I want to tidy up my e-mail by adding some new folders and moving mail into them, I have a number of folders already (which I created a while ago) but cannot add a new one now? I get the egg timer when I choose 'add new folder' but nothing happens? Is there a fix for it? Please help.

Running on Windows XP prof SP2.

Advertisements

todumb4u

todumb4u

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Umm im not sure but MAYBE youve reached the limit for folders?

so try deleting one and then creating a new one??

If you want that is

trainee geek

trainee geek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I don't think it is the limit that is the problem, I have deleted 2 folders and cannot add them in again (moved all the mail before I did this) I have only 150 messages in total and this is split between 11 folders. I think the command, add new folder, is just not working for some strange reason.

trainee geek

trainee geek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Still require a fix for this but in the meantime I've discovered that if I create a new identity, create folders in that new identity and import them into my main identity then I can rename them and use them there. Still don't know why I can't create them in my main identity or why I cannot move mail to the folders using the 'move to' function. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

EAG

EAG

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:whistling:

Trainee...

I'm having the exact same problem on a brand-new system w/ a brand-new OE 6.

I made 10 folders in my INBOX initially, no problem. A week or so later when I wanted to refine my folder/message rules I attempted to add more folders... but no matter how I try to make a new folder in my INBOX --menu (FILE>FOLDER>NEW or FILE>NEW>FOLDER) or Ctrl+Shft+E-- I get the lil' hourglass (as if OE6 is "considering" my request or somethin'...) and then nada.

I've used OE for years and never run into this problem nor have I ever run into any limit to the number of folders I could utilize in OE's INBOX... it's driving me bah-zonkers!

If anyone can possibly point me, or "us" if Trainee's still experiencing this same issue, to a resolution, I'd really appreciate it.

-EAG

MS Windows XP Professional: 5.1.2600 SP2 Build 2600
Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.2180
Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158