Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows media player

• Please log in to reply

nevada30

nevada30

• Pip
  • 4 posts
:tazz: My window media is showing a message of "an internal application error has occured" when i go to play or view something...does anyone know what this means...thanks in advance ;) ;) :)

Advertisements

uilo

uilo

• Pip
  • 6 posts
it means media player sucks so use winamp .... lol :tazz:

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
If you installed any codecs, try removing them.

Update your sound drivers.

If neither works, reinstall WMP on top of itself. This is not an eaily diagnosed problem, and reinstalling works 90 percent of the time (if the first two are dealt with).

What version of Media Player do you have?

nevada30

nevada30

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi GerryF, i have wmp 9 so i tried putting wmp 10 over it , it wont work...i go to add&remove, that wont work either, can i to this manually by going into Program files...thanks

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
what do you mean, won't work?

Try wmp 9.0

http://www.oldversio...ogram.php?n=wmp

nevada30

nevada30

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi GerryF,
i took your advice and installed the newest version and winamp, now can play my music and videos again...thanks...i am sick and tired of freakin windoze media player...thanks again.........Melanie

uilo

uilo

• Pip
  • 6 posts
no worrys mate, any day

nevada30

nevada30

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi there, i got my husband to just format and put in a new fresh start, i had Ghost so i didnt lose my personal stuff...now i have trouble with realplayer, this software from h*** wont uninstall cause it has a missing component....i want to get REalplayer alternative so i can watch my canadian news...i wish they would use WMP instead...murphy's law eh, you get one thing fixed something else pops up............thanks though...melanie

squirly

squirly

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
When i go to sights that will show media player videos it just shows the box and all the buttons are at the top with no picure or anything? Does anyone know what the problem is?
thanks
Squirly

uilo

uilo

• Pip
  • 6 posts
cant you get real alternativa and use the old win media player that comes with it?? i got a codec for winamp that plays real media but i cant remember where i got it (sorry). wats realplayer saying teh problem is anyhowz?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Nevada, try downloading realplayer again, and reinstalling it, then removing it. Sometimes, the simplest solution works.

Squirly, please start another thread or your topic will get lost.--and posting a screenshot and example site will help greatly)