Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

what kind of video card do i need to buy

• Please log in to reply

wannabgamer

wannabgamer

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi, i recently purchesed the came lord of the rings battle for middle earth 2 and it said i need to make sure that i need to make sure that hardware accelaration was on....witch it is and theat i have directX virsion 9.0 or higher...... witch i do and the final thing is that i need to get a video card.........now im not that good with computers but i no my ups and downs on it but how do i find out what kind of video card i need :whistling: :blink: :help: :)

Advertisements

zestron

zestron

• PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
The requirement is to have a "NVIDIA GeForce 2 GTS" or better video card with 32MB of VRAM. 32MB comes with almost all video cards on the market now. If your planning on just playing games like that I would suggest the simle but elegant card called the "NVIDIA GeForce 6600" or better. Or, if you plan to play games like Oblivion, like me :whistling: I'm getting a card called the XFX 7600 GT".

dennie64

dennie64

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Maybe it would be better if we know some specs, motherboard, processor and that kinda things, I don't think zestron can alreay tell you wich card to use. If you want to know everything about your computer, download a program called 'Aida32' at download.com, and save a report and post it. Only if we know wich slots are available on your motherboard we can advise.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I prefer PCwizard to aida myself, but you dnot even need that, how old is the system and which graphics interface do you have if any, just needing the interface really so CPU-Z is a small no install needed app that i would use its on one of the tabs the info you need.

PS 6600s suck bad choice, overpriced underpowered even now when they are much cheaper than they used to be.

Edited by warriorscot, 08 August 2006 - 04:56 AM.

dennie64

dennie64

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Aida is also a non-install app, but it doesn't really matter, we just need to know which interface yeah. And if its worth upgrading. Maybe he could use Aidao or your program for that, if we don't have any information we cannot really help.

Edited by dennie64, 08 August 2006 - 04:59 AM.