Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio problems.

• Please log in to reply

Quari

Quari

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
I tried that but it returned nothing - stating that "the hardware was not installed because it could not find the necessary software".

I've heard of people accessing their BIOS in an attempt to overcome their problems - is that feasible? If not - do any other options remain...?

Edited by Quari, 06 August 2006 - 08:04 PM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
See what Dell say

if the drivers are not installed there is nothing to check in BIOS, other than it being set to use onboard audio

Quari

Quari

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
The best I can do, in regards to Dell support, at the moment is post in the Dell support forum for "audio" problems. I'll see what is said there and keep you updated if a solution is found.

Would purchasing and installing a new sound card solve this problem just out of interest?

Thanks so much for your time and efforts.

Edited by Quari, 06 August 2006 - 08:17 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It would

Have a look at these for costs

http://uk.europe.cre...e...category=2

There are other makes

Quari

Quari

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Right, thanks for the link. Well - I'll wait for replies on my topic over at the Dell forums and will try their "LiveChat" service when it re-opens tomorrow - if all of that returns nothing then I may well end up having to buy a new sound card.

Thanks again!

Quari

Quari

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Forgive the double post but this problem is solved! When searching through my system discs, what I assumed was a packet of 2 discs was actually 3 - with one hidden in the middle - so I took this disc out and it turned out to be the exact one I needed. Using that Dell disc - I was able to install all the correct drivers and now have sound!

Thanks for your help!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting us know