Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows xp Autocomplete function

• Please log in to reply

sweatt

sweatt

• Pip
  • 3 posts
[font=Comic Sans Ms] Wondering if there is a way to edit the internet site passwords and logins that the windows autocomplete function stores. My family inadvertently types in the wrong login and password while trying to access a particular web site, unfortunetaly these have been saved to the windows autocomplete function. I want to clean up the ones entered in error. I beleive I accessed it once before but can't seem to remember how. :whistling:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
On a web page, click tools, internet options, content, auto complete, settings

The only option may be to delete the lot on the general tab, clear for, depending on the version

sweatt

sweatt

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I did descover that option but have not used it yet. I have a vague memory of finding the file where all the Logins and passwords were stored and just deleting the incorrect/unwanted passwords and logins that I knew were wrong and left the rest. My wife hasn't remembered most of her passwords for various sites since the computer does that for her and if I clean them all out..... I will be hearing about it in a most unfriendly way. Thanks for the help... I have a feeling that in the end this is the route I will be taking.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can remove an item from the list of suggestions on web forms by clicking that item and then pressing the DELETE key. To learn how to delete entries from the Address bar list,

Same as auto complete in Outlook it seems, as soon as you see an incorrect entry, click to highlight, click
delete

sweatt

sweatt

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
That worked..... way too simple though. Just what I was looking for, Thanks for the help

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know