Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Browser Issues, please help

• Please log in to reply

cudakid67

cudakid67

• Pip
  • 9 posts
On and off for a few weeks I've been having problems with the tabs in my browsers, mostly Mozilla. If I view a website, each time I click to another page it opens up a tab. After navigating through a website I often have multiple tabs opened up at the top of my computer. When I click on all of the new tabs they dissappear as I click.

The other problem that I have experienced along with this is odd cursor actions. For example when you double click ( I think) on the scrolling button in the middle of the mouse, you usually get a white circle with up and down arrows which allow you to scroll my just moving the mouse and not using the wheel. When I am experiencing the above mentioned tab problem, my cursor always turns to this scrolling thing when I click on something (I can click ok on links, but if I click in the text or outside area of a webpage the scrolling function takes over. It also doesn't allow me to click in check boxes (i.e. "click here to agree to terms and service"

The problem happens for a couple of hours and then goes away, but i have found it to be extremely frustrating.

I've run Spybot, Adaware and my antirivus when this happens and it seems that sometimes it cures it and other times it doesn't.

I'm new here so please let me know anything that I can do to provide you with more information. Or perhaps direct me to the correct part of this board.

thanks in advance,
Jaden
helpsmilie.gif

Advertisements

s.elements

s.elements

• Pip
  • 7 posts
For your tab problem have you adjusted the settings in the options menu?

cudakid67

cudakid67

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I've never touched the settings, this seems more like a worm or something that is messing with my computer. I ran Mozilla for months before I ever ran into any problems like this. This morning I noticed that the same thing was happening in IE.

Another thing that happened today was as I was typing my user name into my computer for a website, the cursor kept jumping around within the text I was typing. So when I would attempt to type cudakid67, the result would be cuakidd67 (and it wasn't my typing skills, I have witnesses who watched the cursor jump).

Thanks,
Jaden