Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows Virtual Memory

• Please log in to reply

Longhorns242

Longhorns242

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Today i logged on and after it loaded i got an little Ballon Message at the bottom right (system tray) saying Windows Virtual Memory is low. I rebooted and went onto Everest and it says
Virtual Memory
Total-3376 MB
Used- 565MB
Free-2811
Utilazation- 17%

is that bad or was that just a one time thig that i got that message or is this something i should be worried about.

P.S. When i booted uo the second time i didnt get the message and those are the stats Everest says. (I didnt look at Everst when i got the message)

Advertisements

Longhorns242

Longhorns242

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
up to top

Longhorns242

Longhorns242

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
up to top of page

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,575 posts
It is not nice to post a message just to get it to the top of the list. When you do that, people may decide to not answer your question at all.

In answer to your question, if you have enough programs running, you can run low on virtual memory. You can increase the space allocated, if it is a constant thing. If it is a rare thing and you were doing something unusual, then don't worry about it. As you saw, rebooting the machine cleared it, which ended the program that was running.

You can check to see what program is taking up the space when it is running by bringing up the process monitor and sorting by memory usage.

Longhorns242

Longhorns242

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
ok sorry about posting it to top. And thanks for the info