Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

keyboard lag in bf2

• Please log in to reply

stevedave

stevedave

• Pip
  • 4 posts
After reinstalling BF2 I am experiencing keyboard lag in both single and multiplayer modes. Sometimes it works ok but then it will start lagging for 10-20seconds after I release a button, anyone have any ideas about what it could be????

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Do the keyboard and mouse work fine in other games?

And if I understand your dilema right, is it that you push forward, you walk forward then after you let go it keeps going forward? It almost sounds like a type of lag I used to get in CS:S that wouldn't register my presses right away then out of nowhere I'd be darting around in places I didn't want to go.

stevedave

stevedave

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
That is exactly my dilema, keeps going forward or backwards after I quit pressing the button, or it wont work right away then kick in. Did you ever fix the keyboard lag in your game? If so how...

Doesnt seem to be happening in other games, tried out Oblivion and everything seems to be in order

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
The only way to fix the lag in the fashion you're explaining is just to find a better server. Also, if you have any background programs open, close those down.

stevedave

stevedave

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
It happens in singleplayer mode not just online, so thats why I thought there could be a possible fix. Oh well.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
The thing that baffles me is that it only happens in BF2. Have you patched it up (after reinstalling)?

thehum

thehum

• Pip
  • 3 posts
had the same problem. then realized i was running topdesk (expose clone for iwndows) which had shortcuts to move the windows around. Once I closed that BF2 Ran fine and there was no more lag. Other people have said changing the audio settings to harware or pressing ctrl+alt+del while in game and making sure the priority is set to 'normal' works.