Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Call Of Duty 2 Dvd Editon

• Please log in to reply

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 716 posts
I just bought Call Of Duty 2 at a flea market. All the guy gave me was one dvd disc. After searching the net I found out it comes with 2 or something. But the second disc is just trailers or a movie on how they made the game from what I remember reading.

Anyways the install was fine. I installed the game off the dvd perfectly. But the game won't run single player. It will only run multi player. & I can't play multi player because I don't even know how and don't want to. So it beats the purpose of doing that. Plus multi player uses the internet & I don't have internet on that pc.

When I have the dvd disc in I try to click on the shortcut on the dektop for "single player", and all it says is an message "Cannot locate the DVD-ROM .... Please insert the correct DVD-ROM, select OK and restart application".

What the [bleep]? Did this guy rip me off and only give me one disc?

Darn. I mean this is the one I used to install it. & Like I said when I click "Multi Player" I get to the menu screen but I don't play because I don't know how to use "multi player" and I don't have the net on that pc. I have never used multi player on any game in my life.

I right clicked the dvd disc in my computer and it's size is: 3.53GB

Hope that helps.

Thank You.

Edited by superstar, 07 August 2006 - 08:19 AM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
It sounds like for single player it is checking for the 2nd disc. This is a common practice as its piracy prevention method. Because you bought the game second hand there is little you can do.

superstar

superstar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts
sorry. i had the other dvd in the box. i did'nt notice but it was tightly tucked inside the sleeve of the box. It's not the actual box so i did'nt notice it as the flaps are tight. but yah i got it to work. the other dvd lets it play.

Edited by superstar, 11 August 2006 - 09:31 AM.