Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Firefox Freezing and Explorer Errors

• Please log in to reply

RandomUserName

RandomUserName

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Well, you see, I use Mozilla Firefox which is alright. It has it's plusses. For example, I like the way it can open in tabs rather than windows. But I don't like how it often messes up the pages html by not showing certain pictures, colours, music, etc. But that's no matter, really.

Lately, it has been freezing about every ... thirty seconds. It will freeze for about ten seconds and then unfreeze, and it's just Mozilla. During the time it's frozen, I can open other programs like normal. Is there any way to fix this?

Due to my frustration at this reoccurring problem, I switched to Internet Explorer which isn't helping because eventually (it happens at random times) it says that Internet Exlorer has experienced an error and has to be exited and restarted. It doesn't let me save the page or anything, so it often ends with me losing some important information. :whistling:

Does anybody know what the problems would be, or what web browser is more reliable? I heard about Opera, but I don't want to try anything without the consent of those who actually know something. :blink:

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

Well, you see, I use Mozilla Firefox which is alright. It has it's plusses. For example, I like the way it can open in tabs rather than windows. But I don't like how it often messes up the pages html by not showing certain pictures, colours, music, etc. But that's no matter, really.

That's not Firefox's fault, that's the fault of the person who made the website you're looking on, even more so if the site works fine in Internet Explorer.

The other issues can be caused by just about anything - damaged Firefox profile, faulty extensions, incompatible extensions, etc. As for Internet Explorer - again, can be caused by toolbars that have broken (Google toolbar seems to break a lot) or even malware.

RandomUserName

RandomUserName

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

That's not Firefox's fault, that's the fault of the person who made the website you're looking on, even more so if the site works fine in Internet Explorer.

It's not just one site though. It's everywhere, even on google. When I first start up Mozilla, it freezes, and I can be searching on google, or any other random page, and the same will happen.

Now, about what you said about broken toolbars. That could be the case. I have yahoo toolbar, but I like it because it blocks pop-up, since IE doesn't do it like Firefox did. And sometimes IE will quit without even warning me. Perhaps it is malware.

:whistling: