Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot click a link within e-mail

• Please log in to reply

Jim 14224

Jim 14224

• Pip
  • 8 posts
If there is anyone that can shed some light on the problem I am having, I would sure appreciate the input. Even if you could direct me to another source, that would also be appreciated.

The probblem: When I open an e-mail and there is a http link, I cannot click and open that Internet page. Instead I get the famous Microsoft Message: "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close".

I use Microsoft Outlook Express and have checked and rechecked the options and settings and cannot find a problem. I reloaded Explorer 6 and SP1 in case the original file was corrupted. No luck.

Any thoughts?

Any input appreciated !!!

Advertisements

Instant

Instant

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
If you can't get your outlook (I suppose you're using that?) working, I guess you could have the option of downloading a new internet browser and setting it at default.