Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

external hard drives

• Please log in to reply

thero_cpd

thero_cpd

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
I have recently got a external hard drive. I know u can set it up so wen u buy a game it saves all data to there n u just plug it into the pc n play the game. prob is i already have alot of games that are large size on my pc eating up my Cdrive's free space.

SO the question is, how can I transfer already loaded games to this external hard drive? along with all the saved game data with out all the files in it thinking it should be loading back to the c-drive?

thanks for any help

thero

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
the best method would be to find out where the saved game files are for those games...and back those files up somewhere other than where they are (like a folder called game data) then uninstall and reinstall the games with the new location