Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer Problem

• Please log in to reply

T-Mania

T-Mania

• Pip
  • 8 posts
To Whom this May Concern,
I recently built myself a new computer. I purchased a LanParty UT nF3 250 Gb motherboard with a 3200+ AMD Processor (as a side note I have a 128MB AGP 4200 GForce Video card with a Gig of 3200 Ram). Anyway, I put everything together and it worked just fine. However, after a while i started to recieve some error messages. I am not really sure what they were, but my computer would recieve a serious error or would just shut off. And yes I was overclocking it...However, if I am correct when the temperature of the CPU starts getting into the high 60's you start damaging the CPU. I never, that I know of, went above 55 degrees. And on top of that, I didn't overclock it more then about 200 Mhz (as a side note I did raise the CPU voltage by .1). Then, about a day ago, it just shut off. Nothing I have done has turned it on. The computer will come to life, but there will be no picture. I have tried switching video cards, ram, and the power supply (I used a power supply from a Intel motherboard-that would work, right?). I am just plain out off ideas. If anyone has any thoughts at all I would really appreciate it. Thanks a ton for taking the time to read this
Peter

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

If the cpu got to a temp of 55c that won't hurt it even 60c won't hurt it but at that temp you could start to see instability.

yes the psu from a intel board will work as long as it is 350w or higher.

At this point I would remove the mobo from the case, look it over very carefully, look for bulging or leaking capacitores then look on the underside for burn markes if there are none then lay the mobo on a piece of card board and having only the cpu and hsf, psu, 1 stick of ram, video card installed connect the monitor, mouse and keyboard.

Does the system post or is there anything on the screen?
if not remove the ram, make sure the case speaker is connected, power on and does it beep?

Report back your findings and we will go from there.

Rick

101010hacker

101010hacker

• Pip
  • 9 posts
:tazz: You know why your comp cant boot at all . Because your Ram is too low ! That is the main problems .

Rico750

Rico750

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
The ram is not the prob i think,

Do you still have your old CPU? Could you for a test try to boot from that CPU + cooler? make sure you restore the bios, in worse case by just unplugging the battery or switching that jumper for a few sec.

Rik