Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

crashing windows (dammmmnnn!)

• Please log in to reply

123asd

123asd

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi i've recently been having problems with my computer its been crashing all the time, usually when i run a game or play a video - but im sceptical that its the video card. i took off the auto system reboot but no messages came up so i tried running eventviewer and here's what i got:

tons of errors including
---IN SYSTEM---
ERROR - cdrom
ERROR - browser
ERROR - ntfs
ERROR - service control manager
ERROR - DCOM
ERROR - W32time
+
WARNING - tcpip
WARNING - browser

---IN APPLICATION---
WARNING - application error
WARNING - application hang
WARNING - ESENT
+other warnings

anybody have any idea what the problem could be? thanks.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
clear event viewer, recreate the error and look for an error that occured at that time.

A certain number of errors is to be expected and have no bearing on your problem

w32time
dcom
service control manager sound scary, but often times you can look at a succes later and see the service took too long to load.

ntfs--not good
browser--interesting
cdrom--scratched disk?

123asd

123asd

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
So my computer seems to reset after playing games for a long period, or when i try to watch a dvd or install something. I'd also like to mention that i used "ace utilities" at one point and cleaned out my system registry, maybe that could be the problem?