Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XHTML Meta Tags? How do you do it?

• Please log in to reply

Sir Grand Funk

Sir Grand Funk

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
I recently entered my xhtml 1.1 website into a W3c validation engine. I only recieved 3 errors, all protaining to the Metatags. Apparently:
<meta name="keywords" content="world order productions, wop, anthony lemmer, a.l. lemmer" />

Is incorrect.. I 'googled' it many times, but nothing helpful appeared.

Advertisements

Juana

Juana

• Pip
  • 6 posts

I recently entered my xhtml 1.1 website into a W3c validation engine. I only recieved 3 errors, all protaining to the Metatags. Apparently:
<meta name="keywords" content="world order productions, wop, anthony lemmer, a.l. lemmer" />

Is incorrect.. I 'googled' it many times, but nothing helpful appeared.

i think your xhtml code is right.

willow28

willow28

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
I agree that the meta keywords code you are using should be correct.

You should also have other meta tags present, so it ends up looking something like this:
<meta name="description" content="Welcome to Anthony Lemmer's World Order Productions." />
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" />
<meta name="Author" content="Anthony Lemmer" />
If you don't have these other meta tags present, than this could be your 3 errors protaining to the Metatags, and W3c could be searching for Description, Content-type, and Author tags to complete the validation of your site correctly.

After all that... If you feel that your "keywords" are still failing, try separating your keywords into single word entries like this:
<meta name="keywords" content="world, order, productions, wop, anthony, lemmer, a.l., lemmer" />

For more information about meta tags refer to W3Schools.

Sir Grand Funk

Sir Grand Funk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Oh sorry guys, I re-checked it in a validator, I just forgot to put them in the head tag!

Hey check it out though: http://epigram.atspace.com
The crappiness makes up in load time. [All my friends have dial up]