Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no active mixer devices

• Please log in to reply

laura91

laura91

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
when i try to open my volume speaker through the start menu it says there are no active mixer available but a cant seem to install i doest work ive tried everyting. i cant play a song on windows media player either it says i have no sound device

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
start > run, type
devmgmt.msc
<enter>

Or

Right click My Computer > Manage > Device Manager

do you see any yellow ! or ?

?????

?????

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
mutimedia audio controller
PCI simple communication controller
video controller (VGA Compatiable)

them ones are all yellow

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well...you'll need to get those drivers...is this a custom built computer or a name brand?

?????

?????

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
emm i bought it all as one and i dont know where to get the drivers i dont know about computers lol

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what do you mean you bought this all as one? did you buy it from someone like dell? or did you buy it from a custom computer shop?

?????

?????

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
i bought it from a catologue

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
Download Everest from this link :
http://www.majorgeek...wnload4181.html

Run everest then click on the Report menu. Select Report Wizard, then select Hardware Related pages. Create the report as a TXT file (if this option is available). When its finished compiling, save the report & then attach it with your next post.:

?????

?????

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
thats the report

Attached Files

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
audio driver

Video driver

i'll try to do some research on the pci one...but that's going to be almost impossible since it doesn't say what it is...do you have anything showing under "network adapters" in device manager?

Advertisements

?????

?????

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
it says SiS 900- Baed PCI fast ethernet adapter

?????

?????

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
on the cm028 file i downloaded wot do i do with it lol?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i'm testing the download to be sure BUT...you should unzip the contents to a folder on your c:/ drive (maybe name the folder the same as the file name) then inside there MIGHT be a setup file...if there is...run that...if there isn't
go to device manager > right click on the audio device (the one with the yellow ?) and choose update driver> pick the option to specifiy a location for it to search > browse to that folder you just unzipped things to > then press ok

same for the video controller

if neither of these options seem to do what you want...give me a sec do DL the file and see what's what

?????

?????

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
that didnt seem to work with me when i went to install it the folder didnt seem to cvome up under my documents .. so i think you might need to have a look

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
open up my computer > open c:\ > right click in an open space > choose "new folder" > name the folder cm028_w2kxp (you may need to right click the "new folder" and choose rename...then type that name in) > navigate to where you saved the cm028_w2kxp.zip file > right click the file and choose "extract all " > press next > in the windows that comes up choose browse and find the cm028_w2kxp folder that you just made > select it and press next > untick the "show extracted files" box and choose finish
NOW
open up device manager > right click on the audio device and choose update drivers > choose "install from list or specified location" > tick the "include this location in search" > in the text box there (where it says c:\) paste the following c:\cm028_w2kxp\Win_XP\drv\ then hit next..you should see it searching for files...then it should tell you that it's installed the device (hopefully)