Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Weird Winzip Problem

• Please log in to reply

Psycho Pigeon

Psycho Pigeon

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I never use winzip always pefered Winrar but recently a game beta was released ( company of heroes ) and it's been compressed into a zip file. When I unzip the file it says one of the files is faulty and mentions something about a CRC check, screenshot here:

http://img81.imagesh...untitledqc1.jpg

You would assume it's a file inside the zip file and isn't my problem well I would think that but thousands have downloaded it from the same servers Iam yet it seems to be me only getting this problem. I save it to my desktop and have tried unzipping it on my desktop and in a different folder. I've attempted to download the file many times on many different Fileplanet servers (it's only available via Fileplanet) and it says the same thing every [bleep] time. Thing is the first time I started playing the game it was fine and I could unzip. Then I encountered the problem but downloaded from a different Fileplanet server and it went away and now it's just constant and won't unzip. I can't think of how to fix it maybe someone here has had this problem?

Edited by Psycho Pigeon, 07 August 2006 - 04:50 PM.

Advertisements

diggeryo

diggeryo

• PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
I would think it's just what it says it is...a faulty file transfer. BEfore trying to download it again, make sure you delete it from your hard drive as well as delete it from your temporary files. Perhaps if it's in your temp files, windows is just taking it from there when it downloads it rather than actually re-downloading it. Thus you keep getting the same error over and over.

just my 2 cents, I could be wrong...

mike.

Psycho Pigeon

Psycho Pigeon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well I have downloaded it in serpeate folders so I'm not downloading it to the desk top all the time. I do delete all traces of the download when I try again aswell.

Edited by Psycho Pigeon, 08 August 2006 - 10:45 AM.