Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help

• Please log in to reply

elmos

elmos

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
I currently own a Belkin Wireless G Router Part # F5D7230-4. I'm trying to connect to the network on the laptop. Most of the time I can stay on the network for long time, but these past days i connect and then it disconnects. It can connect and it stays on the network for a few minutes then it disconnects, and connects again. Other times it wont detect the wireless signal. How can i fix this? Does it have to do with my router? Wireless network card?

I'm on a Win Xp SP 2, Earthlink Broadband, Belkin Wireless G Router Part # F5D7230-4, Intel® PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection(Intergrated).

If it's my Network card. Name some suggestions on what other network card to buy.

If you need more info i'll be gladly to state it.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
My laptop has XP with no service packs. The wireless card worked fine like that. Then I decided I ought to install SP2 and that's when the trouble started (using a Belkin wireless card, not an integrated one). The card would no longer connect.

So I did a clean re-install of XP on the laptop (only way to get rid of SP2 properly and thoroughly) and now the wireless card connects okay again. I only mention this because you are running SP2 just like I was. It may or may not be relevant in you case, but it could be.

Of course, if SP2 is integrated into your version of XP, you won't be able to get rid of it. In that case, maybe Intel have updated software to address problems with SP2?

elmos

elmos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Yea it is intergated with my intel. >_<. is there any other way? cause im still getting these. when that happens my wireless disconnects from the network but my desktop works fine still. and it takes time for me to connect back

Edited by elmos, 09 August 2006 - 07:15 AM.