Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Defender (Beta 2)

• Please log in to reply

†_Moose_†

†_Moose_†

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
I am thinking about installing Windows Defender (Beta 2), but before I do, I am wondering if anyone who has it already, likes it or not, or if you at least know about it, do you know the good and or bad things about it. Also, is this a genuine Microsoft product?. I'd appreciate any and all feedback. Also, when my Windows XP (Home Ed.) boots up, I have things like AIM Triton, Live MSN Messenger, my AVG anti virus program, as well as others that should show in my taskbar (or system tray as some call it) at the bottom right hand side. Well, sometimes they do, and sometimes not, and sometimes 1 shows up, or 2, etc. I have been in my Taskbar and Start Menu Properties, went in to "Customize" and chose the "Always Hide" option. That did not work. I even tried the "always show" option........Nothing :whistling: . Can anyone tell me why this is happening? Thanks. :blink:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
They are doing a trial of daily updates until the 15th, maybe you want to wait till then when they revert to weekly or whatever

One annoyance is it can pop up in the taskbar with a warning to say it hasn't been updated for 6 days, you update it and get the same thing next day

It keeps out of the way, which IMO is an improvement on MS Antispyware and doesn't give more trouble than any other anti spyware programme