Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Excel Cannot Open

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
Maybe I should have been more specific at the time of my posting. I purchased this computer at garage sale. At the time it had Windows XP Professional with Front Page. It also had Office 10. I was able at that time to use Excel for spreadsheet uses. One day I couldn't access it anymore. That was after I had downloaded and installed Service Pak 2. I did a restore point back to before I had downloaded and installed SP 2. And I was able to access and use Excel 2000.

When I purchased the computer it did not have any installation disks. I went to a computer store that periodically does my repair and I asked him to make me a copy of Windows XP Professional for the purpose of installing a printer. I was not aware at the time that Office 10 which seems to inclued PROPLUS.MSI to run Excel was a separate Disc.

I have done another restore point back to when I used Excell last, but it didn't work this time.

I will attempt to purchase on line said disc as per your instructions. I just wanted to fill you in on the problem so others can read and understand problems that may arise.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Waynf

Advertisements

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
While trying to clean up another mess on windows XP, I noticed something in regards to Excel and file PROPLUS.MSI. I switched over to another account and the Excel is there and I was able to open it, without any t rouble. Is there anything I can do to copy the file over onto my own user account.?

Waynf