Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

site in search results

• Please log in to reply

badben25

badben25

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
i was jus wondering, how does someone make their site appear in the search results? i mean, the hosting provider doesnt do it for u, and in my knowledge search engines need to be 'told' that a site exists on www.xxxxxx.com [where x is ur domain name]. or is it that the search engines jus search n if there is a domain that works it shows up in the results? the thought came to my mind when i was sitting, bored, thinking bout what i shud think bout. i mean, like, no matter where i am, no matter which search system i use, a certain site always shows up in the results [well, 98% of the time].
can someone fill me in?
thanx

Advertisements

fructose

fructose

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 284 posts
Here's an article on internet search engines that should answer many of your questions.

rebeccawakes

rebeccawakes

spammer

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Spam! :whistling:

Edited by Kat, 26 August 2006 - 08:55 PM.

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
Check out these SEO links. There is a lot of good info in them...

SEO 101 - Basic Optimization Techniques

SEO: Starting from Scratch

8 Essential SEO techniques

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
I put meat tags in all my pages, then make a google sitemap and submitt it to google sitemaps.

Its great and i am ranked high too.

The only thing is, i want to improve my google pagerank.