Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Network Places

• Please log in to reply

stressed76

stressed76

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hello there, I was configuring a small office network yesterday and to my surprise, on one computer running XP Pro the "My network places" icon dissapeared....What the...?????? It was there before I restarted the computer and when it fired up, it dissapeared!!!

If someone can let me know what happened that would be awsome!!!!

Thanks

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start, if you don't see it, right click the task bar, click properties, start menu, customize, advanced, tick my network places, click apply

Comnir

Comnir

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Right click on an empty spot on your desktop and choose Properties from the drop-down menu. In the newly opened window, go to the Desktop tab and click the 'Customize Desktop...' button, anopther window should open. In the new window choose the General tab. Now, under Desktop icons, check the checkbox near 'My Network Places'. Click OK in all open windows.

stressed76

stressed76

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Right on guys.....I was on the right track but just over-looked a few things.....Thank you a bunch!!!! :whistling:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting us know