Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DELL INSPIRON 1150 Will not boot?

• Please log in to reply

dasham58

dasham58

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:whistling: I have a DELL INSPIRON 1150 Laptop and it wont boot! when i push the power button I can hear the fans turning for 2 or 3 seconds and then dead.If it sets for a day or so it will boot to the desktop for 2 or 3 minutes and then turns off. The battery is full charged and i took the ram out and put it back in. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for any Info.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
have you tried booting with power-cord connected? If it boots successfully connected to the mains, the battery may have got to the stage where it can no longer hold a charge -- they don't last forever, especially if they've been overcharged in the past (this can happen if someone, maybe a previous owner, runs the laptop from the mains most of the time for long periods without removing the battery).

My daughters laptop has the same symptoms. Her boyfriend ran it from the mains all the time over a period of six months since it was used as his main computer in his study, never needed to use the battery. Now it won't run from the battery for more than five minutes.

dasham58

dasham58

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have tried with power supply hooked up and with the battery out .