Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Pictures have disappeared completely!

• Please log in to reply

stephneywb

stephneywb

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

Sometime last week i moved all of my pictures to a seperate file in my shared folder. When i went to find them they werent there anymore, I was looking through the files and found them in nero scout, However it wouldnt let me open, view or transfer them to a different location. I left them for a day and now they have completely vanished off the face of the earth. I have ran numerous searches for image files e.g j pegs and the specific names of the files but to no avail. There was well over 200 pictures within my pictures and there is absolutely no sign of them. Now let me stop you there, YES i know i should have all important data backed up on a disc but "my bad" i havent backed up my pictures.

If anyone can shine a light or help with this matter it would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Stephney. :whistling:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you download this to look for them

ftp://ftp2.convar.com/pcinspector/pci_filerecovery.exe

stephneywb

stephneywb

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks keith

ive downloaded it but dont really understand it.

Do i :

Recover deleted files ( i havent deleted the files however something may have like a virus or something?)
Find lost data ( i think it may be this one)
find lost drive (i know it cant be this one)

Not meaning to be a pain but do you think you could tell me what to do step by step :whistling:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try lost data then deleted files if you need to

If you click start then search, click advanced options to include hidden and system files, look for the files, if it doesn't show them then windows considers them deleted