Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BF2 installation-*edit* MAJOR ERROR

• Please log in to reply

mxdz

mxdz

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
Ok heres the thing i had several problems installing the expansion but finally i managed my self trough all thoses bugs etc, now , for some reasons , i uninstalled battlefield , and the expansion ,
And i want to reinstall it , when i put my CD in it , an error pops up ( the same as if i simply open the cd and choose setup )

Its in french thought:
"Le point d'entrée de procédure GgtFile Type est introuvable dans la bibliothèque de liaiasons dynamique KERNEL32.Dll"

It means that " The procedure GgtFile Type entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll."

and i got a second error
Nt_draw could not be linked blabla bla with another dll , i couldnt get it a second time to note it

THis leads me to think its a Graphic Card error..since i have the beloved GeForce 6600 GT error bag.
thanks in advance if anyone had the same problem , try to help me ( for my specs i have windows xp proffessional SP2 , and enough ram etc to play BF2 since i used to play max graphic >.<)

Ive naviageted over an hour to get infos , and got none .

*EDIT* What started with a simple game error turned to be some kind of revenge from my last week's malawares , i think this post should be changed place

-I tried to install Neverwinternights , then started backing up for a future format etc , putting all important things files, pictures etc on my other drive , then tried to reboot with XP pro original version CD

-Error

With a copied version

-Error

Then i tried to open em while in Windows , i get two different errors about DLLs ,

I tried re downloading Kernel32.DLL since it was the major DLL in my errors , but it changed nothing.

So now i cant even format and reinstall Windows... i dont know what to do , sounds like im screwed , can some moderator move/link this thread to a new category more appropriated ?

:whistling: :blink: :help:

Attached Thumbnails

• error1.JPG

Edited by mxdz, 08 August 2006 - 04:13 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
be happy to move it for you. What we need to do is repair your operating system. Do you have the original xp cd?

mxdz

mxdz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
I have a burned version and a cd that have been sent by mail by microsoft when we registered an original version

mxdz

mxdz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
I know the rules of the forum etc , but its been over a week and i had no answer at, i would simply like to bump my topic as it has not been studied foward my problem, so some people could consider helping me ,thanks in advance.

*BUMP*

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
Did you run a Repair install? Please use the official Microsoft CD. There are instructions in my signature, and please remember to reinstall all updates after the Repair.

mxdz

mxdz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
The computer would not let me restart by a CD , all i could do is enter DOS on a BootDisk and even there when i entered the command FORMAT C:/ (or anything looking like it ) it didnt work , thats the real problem

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
You will need to go into CMOS Setup (BIOS) and change the settings there to boot from the CD before the hard drive. The exact directions vary with the manufacturer of your computer, though. There are instructions on running an XP Repair install in my signature.

mxdz

mxdz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Error : ''CDBOOT: MEMORYOVERFLOW''

It just wont let me boot from CD , i tried going into DOS from a 1.44 BootDisk and to manually format but the command donesnt work aswell.

Please help me , nothing works and im getting mad , my internet connection just bugged and i can even get it back and the laptop is still working (and has internet , both very fine -.- )

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
how many memory modules do you have inside your computer if you have more than one switch them around put each module in each other slot.

also you can try diong this....switch the IDE cables of HDD / CDROM and put the HDD on Primary Master and CDROM on Secondary master

please have your main power from your power bar unplugged

GOOD LUCK