Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to burn images to CD-R

• Please log in to reply

Hockeychaoz

Hockeychaoz

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Whenever I put a blank CD-R disc into my drive, it brings up the CD Writing Wizard. I click next, and it doesn't do anything but bring me to a page that says that it cannot be completed. I don't know whats going on.

I just recently bought a DVD player that says it can play images off of a CD-R. Does anyone know how to fix this or can recomend me a program that can burn them for me?

I don't want to make anyone feel rushed or make myself seem more important, but I'm leaving for vacation tommorrow morning. So if this doesn't have a reply by the end of the day, you dont have to write anything as I won't be able to read it.

Thank you for any help.

(I was going to post a Hi-Jack this log, but I think I remember I'm not supposed to unless asked, so I wont)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The CD Writing wizard is designed for data only, not to make a picture slideshow. For that you need to use Nero or Roxio or whatever. This will burn the CD in the right fashion in order to allow your DVD Player to "play" it.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Heres a cheap place to buy Nero software. I have had some problems buying the refurbished hardware from them but no problems with the software.

http://www.surplusco...p;item=SWW13452

SRX660