Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Screensaver will not start

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Since getting a new computer, I have had trouble getting the screensaver to start when it should. I have Googled the question and found it to be happening to other users also.
My firewall is disabled, and I tried putting the antivirus to sleep to see if those running programs are stopping the screensaver fron coming on. That doesn't seem to be it.
One guy answered that he was using a wireless Microsoft mouse (which I am also), and when he changed his mouse..plugged it into the PS/2 ports instead of the USB ports, the problem was solved.
I am not very experienced with computers, so I hesitate to change things and get a greater mess.
Have you heard of this problem, and is there anything I can do to get it to start when it should?