Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

starting computer business

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
my friends and i are starting a low-priced computer buy/sell/repair/upgrade/virus removal a.k.a. all-around computer service business. we have already been selling and repairing computers for about two years from our homes, and made about four grand doing so (this was only off and on not regularly like in a business, and most of it has gone into our cars). we found a small cheap biulding (granted, one that needs work) and have already set up a deal on payments directly with the previous owner. we have a good stock of refurbished desktop machines currently from $20 Pentiums to mid-range Pentium 4-level machines (we dont yet have any high-tech gaming machines, but there are five or six that are about half-assembled). they each have upgraded RAM to a decent amount and various versions of Windows. We also have several large boxes and containers of various parts (RAM, PSUs, HDDs, CPUs, motherboards, etc) as well as boxes of software and Windows, and a bunch of screens and keyboards and printers and stuff.

anyways a few peices advice we seek:
first- even though we already have a good stock of parts, systems, and tools, is there anything we will specifically need?

second- how about a good name? i mean my friend david and i, brendan, had the idea so we are the main people but something like "b&d tech" is generic, as are most things we could think of. does anybody have any good name ideas?

third- any general suggestions are welcomed and appriciated.

thanx everyone!