Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help voyager 205

• Please log in to reply

gordon

gordon

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi i'm very new to all this as you can probably tell with the daft question but i need to know if it is possible to have two computers actively accessing the internet at the same time with a voyager 205, also i need to know do both computers have to be on at the same time to allow internet access for one of them. if this is indeed the case, would the computer with the 205 next to it be the master or is it like i thought and they both have to be on. and finnaly if you aint fallen into a coma yet, if one of my computers has a firewall on it will it stop certain things coming through onto the other or is it a case of if one gets virused up to the eyeballs they are both knackered. i know this is strictly about ten questions but i promise never to bother you all again if you could help me now. very much obliged ta

Advertisements

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
You should be able to have both computers on the net at the same time. I don't see any reason you would have to have them both on either, since the router is now the DHCP server for both pc's. As for the virus question, it just depends on which one you may have. Some are programmed to look for other network computers and infiltrate them. Most of them just stay on the same pc unless you somehow transfer infected files to the other pc. Make sure to create system restore points so you can always restore back to an earlier time, just in case.

-=jonnyrotten=- :tazz:

Check out the info here, it says you can connect 1 pc via usb and 1 via ethernet.

http://www.voyager.b...05/prodinfo.htm

The one

The one

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
As it is a router it should allow independant access to the internet from multiple computers, a router is basically a modem with outlets to multiple computers, dont get me wrong i know it does a h*** load more security and networking wise but that is its most basic function.