Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

incompatible software for DSL installation

• Please log in to reply

troark64

troark64

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i am trying to hook up AT&T high speed to a windows 98 but can't get past the incompatible software. it wants me to remove prodigy dial software. i have done so many searches and totally messed with comp and still can't find what they are talking about i called AT&T to manually install and still after hours could not get it. they said to contact my comp maker packard bell, PB wants me to call the UK i am about to go insane with this thing my son has dsl and i have dial up. this is just not what i want please help

Edited by troark64, 09 August 2006 - 10:57 AM.

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,385 posts
Ok the 1st thing we need to know is the make and model number of your modem you are trying to install also the model of the PB would help

troark64

troark64

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a siemens speedstream 4100 ethernet modem, and PB is Multimedia 7950

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,385 posts
ok from what I can see the 4100 works with 98
i assume that prodigy is SBC prodigy. Is this the name of your current internet provider? if yes then this is the software we have to uninstall.
The 1st place to look is go Start>programs is there a listing for Either Prodigy - SBC prodigy or yahoo prodigy? if yes is there an uninstall option.
If this is not listed here the go start > settings>control panel> add remove programs
Are any of these 3 listed?
Or was your dialup provider Flashnet ?

Edited by peterm, 14 August 2006 - 01:56 AM.