Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Too many security progs?

• Please log in to reply

mark717

mark717

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I just installed Spyware Doctor and have been having problems with pictures ever since. The standard red x instead of the images. Could it be that I have too many security packages running? Currently installed are McAfee, Ad-aware, Ccleaner as well as Spyware Doctor. Might be others... lost track. Can you help? Thanks.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Well, first of all, uninstall Spyware Doctor from Add/Remove in the Control Panel and see if your pics come back. If they don't, use System Restore to the day before you installed Spyware Doctor.
Run a Belarc and post it as an attachment.
http://www.belarc.co...e_download.html
and we'll see what you do have installed on your computer.
Johanna

mark717

mark717

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi Johanna. Sorry for the delay. I uninstalled Spyware Doctor (which seems to work very well) and rebooted. The red x's are still showing up. I tried going to a restore point before I had installed SD. The system ran the restore but told me nothing had been changed. I then ran Belarc and here is the result. Thanks for helping out. -Mark

Attached Files