Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help please.

• Please log in to reply

blindedbykindnes

blindedbykindnes

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i get this exact message every time i try to turn on my computer.

Stop: c000021a (fatal system error) The windows logon process system process
terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000142 (0x00000000 0x00000000)
system has been shut down.

right now im in safe mode with networking...so please help me. thanks.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Do you have your original XP cd?

Johanna

blindedbykindnes

blindedbykindnes

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
no i do not. but i rebooted pressing f8 and i chose the option that siad "run with last know good configuration"
so i chose that one and it got past that message and i was able to log in and everything...but about 20 mins later a new blue screen with a different message popped up saying something about "physical memory has been dunped" it said a lot more than that too...so now im back in safe mode with networking.

blindedbykindnes

blindedbykindnes

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
no ones helping????

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
go to start....right click on my computer ...on drive c...right click then click on properties.....selct the tools tab...then click on check now .....put a check mark on both boxes ....click ok.......then restart your computer....this can be along process so be patient and let it do its thing

have you tried a system restore go start .....then all programs.....select accesseries....system tools click on that pick the best restore point when your computer was working good

try those

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
http://support.micro...kb;en-us;317189

I think this is beyond System Restore, and it may even be hardware related, but in order to rule out Windows, you'll need a valid cd. Can you borrow one of the same flavor from a friend? You can use it if you know your original product key
Belarc will tell you if you don't remember.
http://www.belarc.co...e_download.html
If this is a pirated copy of XP, this is not an option for you, and we need to know so we don't spin our wheels.

If you have recently added new hardware, please post what it was, and have a look in your event logs, too. We need more clues in order to be able to help.
Johanna