Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows malicious software removel tool

• Please log in to reply

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi team
:whistling: I have just let windows install updates one of them was KB890830 which says it the windows malicious software removel tool I went to the add and remove section and the update is not showing in there can you please tell me why I also clicked on show hidden files and folders it not showing it anywhere is this part of the wga from microsoft Thanks again for your help. :help:

Cheyenne 09 :blink: :)

Edited by cheyenne 09, 09 August 2006 - 03:49 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
don't quote me on this but....

the windows mallicious removal tool is a "run once" thing...when it's downloaded and applied it runs and does what it does...then removes itself...as it's not designed for continual protection... but instead is designed for removal of specific software's.

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

don't quote me on this but....

the windows mallicious removal tool is a "run once" thing...when it's downloaded and applied it runs and does what it does...then removes itself...as it's not designed for continual protection... but instead is designed for removal of specific software's.

Hi dsenette
:blink: Thanks for reply thats great I just wondered why it disappeared ok. Thanks dsenette problem solved please close this topic. and I have you seen any good monkey jokes recently. Thanks again

Cheyenne 09 :help: :whistling:

Edited by cheyenne 09, 09 August 2006 - 07:30 AM.