Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen Of Death

• Please log in to reply

SpruceM

SpruceM

• Pip
  • 8 posts
My compter seems to randomly go into the blue error message screen. Im running a fairly new computer with Windows XP. Happened occasionally, last couple of days it has gotten more frequent.

Blue Screen of Death message as follows

* Blue Screen of Death randomly as far as i can tell:

a problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage
to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen,
Restart your computer. if this screen appears again, follow
these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is
identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check
with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video
adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable
BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need
to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your
computer, press F8 to select advanced Startup options, and then
select safe mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x00000000, 0xF7A19A68, 0xF7A19764)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further
assistance

This is once instance of it, dunno if some of the numbers change but the words are always the same, can anyone help i dont know how to start combating this problem?

also after getting rid of a virus, the computer Opens C:\WINDOWS\system32 - System32 folder on startup
is there any way for this to be stopped?

thanx alot guys

- Spruce

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Heres a article on a similar stop error.

http://support.micro...=321637&sd=RMVP

There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information.

SRX660

SpruceM

SpruceM

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
hey mate, thanx for the link
read through it thou and im still unsure of where to start and how to fix it :blink: :whistling:
sorry im abit illiterate with all this kind of stuff, any chance you could specify which bits would work for me and how id go about it or something?

sorry to be a pain haha :help:

Thanx again

- Spruce

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You have to start thinking about when the blue screens started. At that time did you download any new drivers for the hardware on your computer. Did you install any programs at that time. You need to look into your Event viewer to see if there is any indication of problem services or programs. Look also into you device manager to see what devices share some memory resources that be causing the problem. There are many areas to look for problems that cause blue screens. I would back up any data you do not want to lose because you never know if you will be able to recover from the blue screen every time it happens. If this started after installing some program and you really don't use the program a lot you might uninstall the program and see if the blue screens stop showing up.

I have had to replace software with a similar kind because the software just didnt like XP. I switched from Corel Draw 8 to Corel Draw 11 simply because i had problems in the 8 program with XP. Same thing has happened with some hardware. A ATi video card caused so many bluescreens on one of my computers that i finally switched to a Nvidia card. I am having a problem with external HDs and a nforce AMD motherboard that i am trying to solve right now. It seems the computer likes to blue screen when the external HD is hooked up and i boot the puter up. There can be so many things you just need to eliminate everything you can before just giving up and buying a new computer. Since i build my own computers i take it as a learning adventure to find out why things like this happen. I always love learning new things and especially about computers.

SRX660

Edited by SRX660, 12 August 2006 - 07:22 AM.

SpruceM

SpruceM

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
ok i got a friend and he unistalled and reinstalled some stuff, all over my head really haha. Thanx for everything though

Now any ideas how to get my computer to stop opening the system32 folder everytime i turn on the comp?

- Spruce